Windows 8 is the latest operating system released by Microsoft and is embedded with many features, which make it one of the most interesting OSs from Microsoft. Installing and uninstalling Windows 8 is very easy. All you have to do is to follow the easy instructions given below to do the same Now, let’s look at the steps involved to uninstall Windows 8.
Deleting Windows 8 from second partition
- It is necessary to create a backup of all the important files and data before you uninstall the latest Windows 8 operating system from your computer. Therefore, by creating a copy of all files and folders, you need to backup all your important files and data that exist in the Windows 8 OS.
- You can consider booting in to the system that you would like to use as default once the backing up of all the necessary files is done. In most cases, Windows 7 is the OS that is used as default.
- When the booting of the new OS is completed, you need to move your mouse pointer towards the Start button and click it. From the Windows Start menu, you need to click the option called Run. In to the box that is seen within the Run box, you need to type msconfig and navigate to the tab called Boot. Next, you need to choose the option called Windows 8 Boot and click the option labeled delete.
- Next, the option labeled Windows 7 boot needs to be highlighted followed by clicking the option called Set As Default. You can close the msconfig window, once you make these changes.
- Now from the system’s boot process, the option for Windows 8 would have been deleted. Next step is to delete the data of Windows 8 from your machine. To do this, navigate to the Windows Start button and click the option labeled Control Panel. From the Control Panel window, you need to click the option called Administrative Tools followed by clicking the option called Computer Management.
- In the left hand pane, you will see an option called Disk Management. Click it. Next is finding the partition that you have made for the installation of Windows 8. Right click on that option and choose the option labeled Delete Volume.
- Finally, by right clicking it, you need to clear the volume and to completely remove the Windows 8 partition, you need to click the option called Shrink Volume.
The above said instructions will help you to uninstall Windows 8 from your computer. For more assistance, contact the Windows 8 support number.