Internet Explorer is a web browser that comes as the default web browser with all Windows operating systems. Even though the web browser may seem simple in its design, it has many functions and is used by people all over the world. Microsoft has perfected the operating system to be flawless after making numerous changes to the engine over the years. However, the browser is still prone to some errors. Only if you are able to visit the support site, will you be able to find fixes for errors in the system, so fixing this issue is important. Here we discuss simple and easy instructions for fixing the error preventing the browser from opening the Microsoft support website.
- Open the Internet Explorer program by double clicking on its icon found in the desktop. If you are not able to find the shortcut icon, move the mouse pointer to the left bottom corner of the screen and then click on the Start menu button. Click on the All Programs tab and then click on the Internet Explorer tab found in the list of programs displayed on the screen.
- When the application opens up on the screen, look for the Tools tab at the top of the application window and click on it when found. From the drop down menu that appears on the screen, click on the Internet Options tab.
- A new window now opens on the screen displaying options for changing settings related to the web browser. Choose the General tab and then enter the address Microsoft.com, which is the Microsoft support page web address in the address box.
- Click on the OK button for saving the changes and for exiting from the window named Internet Options.
- Now close the Internet Explorer window and then reopen it by double clicking on its desktop shortcut icon. Click on the address bar and then type in the address of the Microsoft support page and press the Enter button to navigate to it.
- You will see that you are now able to navigate to the support page of Microsoft with ease.