Internet Explorer is the default web browser that comes integrated with the Windows operating system. The browser has various features incorporated in it like an online translator from the Bing search engine and the news update feature etc. One of the important features of the browser is that it enables the users to save the links to favorite websites of the user in a convenient manner. These links will be stored in the Favorites toolbar found just below the Menu bar in the browser.
With the help of these icons, users can enjoy access to their favorite websites in a moment by just clicking on them. If you cannot find the favorite icons in the browser, the most common reason for this is that the Favorites toolbar is disabled. To enable the Favorites toolbar, follow the below given instructions from the Windows tech support team.
- When the system starts up, double click on the shortcut icon of the Internet Explorer web browser. Alternately, you can launch the program by clicking on the quick launch icon in the taskbar or from the list of programs in the Start menu to launch the browser.
- Once the browser starts, click on the Tools dropdown menu located at the top of the address bar or right click on any blank space in the Menu bar of the Internet Explorer. If you followed the latter method, then go to the step four directly or else continue to the next step.
- Move the mouse cursor down through the dropdown menu and hover it on the Toolbars section to open it. Now you will be directed to a window that shows all the toolbar icons installed in the Internet Explorer web browser.
- To enable the Favorite icons and view the Favorites toolbar, click on the Favorites bar in the browser window.
- You will now be able to see the Favorites Bar in the browser.
If you follow the above instructions carefully, you will be able to view all your favorite icons and toolbars in the Internet Explorer web browser. However, if you find yourself in any difficulties while following the instructions, just contact the Windows tech support team for support.