There can be a number of reasons if you find that your Microsoft Internet Explorer is running very slowly on your Windows Vista system. In this article, some tips that may help improve your IE speed have been given.
• To start with, open Internet Explorer and jot down the version number obtainable from Help>About Internet Explorer.
• Go to the official site of Microsoft Internet Explorer and compare your version number with the one listed in the home page. If your number is less, press Download.
• To navigate to the actual download page, choose your country and operating system. Download and install Internet Explorer after reading the system requirements. If your system does not meet the required specifications, upgrade your system.
• If you have the latest version, view the applications that are running at the same time. Except Internet Explorer, close down all the other applications by pressing the End Task button and confirm all the prompts that appear.
• Now return to Explorer and use it like you normally do. If Explorer is comparatively faster now, then the applications that are competing for your system resources are fewer. When you run IE, either close down all other applications or add more RAM to your system.
• Also make sure that you close down all unnecessary and hidden processes. Select Start and in the text box right above the Start button, type msconfig and then press Enter. From the list of programs that appear, select System Configuration.
• In the System Configuration window, select Startup tab and examine the programs that start when you boot up Windows Vista.
• Compare the names against the programs that your system does not need and the ones that you do not use. For such programs, like ‘Kodak EasyShare’ if you do not own a digital cam, uncheck their checkboxes. Now close System Configuration and then restart your system.
• Also obtain a list of the less programs that your computer does not need. Repeat the above process to uncheck those programs.
• Open IE and select Tools>Manage Add-ons. In this page, either update or disable the add-ons. To see if your change to a particular add-on enhanced your IE speed, restart your browser.
Even after following these tips, if there is no improvement in your IE speed, then you can get the help of the Microsoft chat support team. Microsoft chat support is available 24/7 and they will be more than happy to help you resolve your issues.